Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lucky Number 13

March 25, 2015

Hooray! Tomorrow is Riley's 13th birthday! I can't believe she is almost 13 old already. I feel like I am the baby of the group because I am still 12. Kathryn will turn 15 in June. To celebrate her birthday, Uncle Larry and Aunt Kristina set up a day to remember. They told Kathryn and I how the day was going to go.

1. Surf

2. Go shopping

3.  Sleep in the Hawaiian Manor

4.  Go out to eat for Riley's favorite meal: Sushi.

5. Have cake and ice cream in the Manor

This seems pretty basic to Riley. To me, I was thrilled at how the day was planned. I have never been to a manor before!
Since I am a certified baker, I helped Aunt Kristina make Riley's cake. Her favorite colors are green, green and more green. Aunt. Kristina and I decided to make a St. Patrick's theme cake. This is because the holiday is in her birth month and that is her favorite holiday.

While the cakes are cooking, Uncle Larry drove Kathryn and I to the manor to set up the decorations. After we were done, the house looked like a leprechaun's hideout. The place was super green. I made some homemade shamrock shakes, mint flavored cupcakes and cookies.

When we got home, I started to frost the cakes. After about 3 hours I was finished! I can't wait to see Riley's reaction tomorrow!

                  (I wanted to pre-slice the cake because I could use the picture for the post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment