Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Island Life

For the next few months, I am visiting my aunt and uncle in Hawaii. They live on a private island.  I have gone here many, many times and I want to tell you all about each day!

March 11, 2015

Today, we are going surfing. It makes me feel so free and relaxed and releases stress. My cousins and my uncle and I went a mile out into the Pacific Ocean to go surf. I though he was crazy! I didn't want to surf anymore going out a mile into the ocean. That was until he brought his speedboat.  When we got out there, I surfed a 10 foot wave and I wiped out!  My cousins Riley and Kathryn wiped out so many times, I thought they almost drowned. It was around 12:00 pm so my uncle decided to head back. We all rode on the boat with our boards trailing behind us.

When we got home, my Aunt Kristina made tuna salad sandwiches. They were the best ever! They were tuna that my Uncle Larry fished. Uncle Larry said, that the tuna that we were now eating was 130 pounds! He said he sold the rest for $17 a pound! He made $2040! Their family kept 10 pounds though.

Since Riley and Kathryn are my age, we slept on the beach in a tent that we made out of palm leaves. We made sure they were clean first! The beach is so cool because the only people on the island are whoever you invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment