Saturday, March 28, 2015

Castle Wars

March 27, 2015

For a couple weeks, I am living in a beach house and I have not done one very important thing. Build a sandcastle. I slept in till 9 o'clock today and I am refreshed and ready to go. Kathryn, Riley and I are going to have a sandcastle building contest and Uncle Larry and Aunt Kristina will be the judges!

The sand on the beach is simply amazing. It is clean and a  pretty color; perfect building material.

For me, I like to go big or go home with my sandcastle.

I have a nifty little secret for the strongest castle. About a yard into the ocean is where tough sand is. This is because of all the waves crashing on them. It is moist and will guarantee you a blue ribbon! Just grab that sand, put it in a container and start building. I also keep a lot of water on hand to rinse my hand off and to make the castle look nicer while building.

I am starting off with a decent sized base, 3 feet high, to add extra beauty to the castle and lots of support. I now add 3 large towers, 2 medium towers and 1 small tower and of course accessories and different shapes and patterns. It may sound like not that much, but for 2.5 hours, it isn't bad!

Kathryn's castle was big, but plain. Riley's was small but detailed mine was medium sized and had a medium level of detail.

Turns out, Kathryn got first because of the size. But hey, that's fine because I had a lot of fun making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment