Monday, March 16, 2015

Hawaii Blues

March 16, 2015

Today, we are going on a nature trail to see Hawaii's flora and fauna. We were at this gorgeous waterfall. There were so many flowers and beautiful greenery. However, Riley and I got in trouble so we had to go back to the car for the rest of the tour.

We were so upset, so we crept out of the car to go to another nature trail. Riley and I were joking around and running along the soft, mushy ground. We were in the forest for about 15 minutes when we saw a bright green snake. I screamed so loud. The snake kept wriggling and moving as if it was dying. I held a petrified face for seconds until Riley picked the snake up and said March fools! I got so mad I pushed her into the bushes.

Riley screamed so loud, I quickly regretted pushing her. I jumped into the bushes to get Riley but I could not find her. I walked for minutes until I found a jungle oasis. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. There was a small waterfall, birds on the perfect trees and Riley taking her shoes off to go swimming. I was so relived that I saw her. I took of my sandals and plunged into the warm, clear water. After a few minutes, we realized that we have to go back to the car.

We dried off by lying in the sun then we sprinted back to the car in fear that Riley's parents (my aunt and uncle) would find us missing. We hopped back into the car a little damp. Minutes later, Riley's parents returned. They said the nature trail was the worst. Riley and I smiled at each other and we rode home.

No comments:

Post a Comment