Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Spring Cleaning

We have all heard it. Spring cleaning. But what does it really mean? Dusting under sofas, sterilizing carpets? I think of it as a time to redecorate, or, if you want to go big, call it restyle.

Redecorating is changing up decorations and maybe even the color theme of the room. Restyling is getting new furniture and a new look, in my eyes. If you don't want to go as light as redecorating, or as big as restyling, her are some helpful hints and secrets of a spring friendly room.

1. Tones are Key
My favorite color is a rosy pink. However, I don't want the color of my walls to be pink. I stuck with a plain beige wall color and spruced up the room with pink, black and white accents. If my new favorite color in 4 years is blue, all I need to do is change the decorations and comforter.

It is always important to go light, then add dark accents. A dark room feels small and crowded, a light colored room makes the room seem open, fresh, crisp and clean. Adding decorations like antiques, flowers, vases and other decorative pieces add beauty to a room for less!

2. Yard Sales, Thrift Shop Galore
Always be on the lookout for yard sale signs. You never know what you will find. If you come across a sofa and you like the shape but not the color, don't ditch it! Simply reupholster it! Reupholstering is where you provide different types of furniture with a new covering. You can do it yourself  by buying fabric or have someone else do it for you, just bring your desired fabric. You can do the same with thrift shops!

3. Trending Colors of Spring 2015

Using decorations cooler tones with splashes of warm tones will guarantee you the perfect room. For more information, visit http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr/?season=spring&year=2015&pid=11

For help redecorating or restyling your room, please email me at sapphireficklonni@gmail.com or leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment