Friday, February 27, 2015

40 Days Junk Food Free

Lent is a time for sacrifice. Many people give up something like chocolate, snacking, sleeping in, ice cream, cookies, etc. However, I, Sapphire, have taken it to the next level. I am giving up junk food for 40 days.

Junk food includes, soda, candy, chocolate, cake, ice cream, French fries, crackers, cookies, pudding, frosting, chips and so on. I admit. It is a big challenge especially with my sister, Andrea's birthday in the middle of lent!

If I am ever hungry, I look in the pantry, select an item and ask myself, is this junk food? If my answer is yes, then I put it back. It is hard having to turn down junk food that is offered. However, this experience is making me a much stronger and healthier person. Even if you are not Christian, you should try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment